Executive Team Retreats
A company’s culture is created at the top, and building a strong team can be a differentiator in performance, engagement and company culture.
Vision & Strategy
+ Shared Team Goals
+ Operating Norms and Shared Team Values
+ Individual High Performance & Emotional Intelligence
+Strong Change Management & Communications Program
=Results, Success, &
Strong Culture of Engagement & Collaboration
Building trust for team performance
Developing relationships develops the baseline of trust. Trust in the workplace is when team members and coworkers can rely and depend on each other. Individuals who know each other personally, and invest more time in engaging and supporting each other, can work through conflict and solve problems in a more effective way.
In our customized Executive Leadership Retreat, our collective focus will be on introducing new tools to identify and leverage best practices, develop strong partnerships internally and externally and share the benefits throughout the organization.
So how do we align teams for high performance?
Get personal first
Most companies and executives want to get straight to business priorities, but without a strong foundation for mutual respect and psychological safety on the team, those priorities become harder, and sometimes impossible, to accomplish. Being in a remote or hybrid environment can make connection more difficult so we need to be intentional about creating opportunities and strategies to make it happen and ensure everyone has a voice.
Current State Assessment
We start with confidential 1-on-1 conversations where each team member has the opportunity to share their thoughts on what’s working well and opportunities for improvement. From there, I provide the leader with a thematic summary that will inform the creation of retreat activities.
Common opportunities for improvement include:
- Decreased communication
- Loss of connection and trust
- Lack of established team norms and behavior
- Undefined strategic plan, team goals and priorities
- Individual performance and accountability
Ongoing communications guidance
Since communication is so important in building trust, I help the leader craft talking points and clear messaging throughout the process to ensure the team is engaged, aligned and committed to a successful outcome.
Focused Team Development
Based on outcomes from the initial conversations and the objectives of the leader and organization, we create customized leadership retreats to help align teams and take them to the next level.
We start building trust by spending time together and getting to know each other personally. The idea is to keep fostering the team and how we interact with each other so we can support each other, solve problems together, create better ideas together, and become an even stronger unstoppable force in the market together.
From there, we can customize team development activities to fit your needs. Areas of focus include:
- Redefining mission and purpose
- Team norms and behaviors for success
- Hopes, expectations, asks, commitments
- Strategic plan
- Team goals, priorities, next steps
- Creating stakeholder plans
- Bringing your best self to the team
What Makes A Successful Team?
Above The Line/ Below The Line Behavior Model
Establishing Expectations Through a Team Charter
Assisting With Creation Of An Action Plan
Personality & Work Styles
Clarity Of Goals
Communication And Operating Rhythms
Addressing Specific Team Challenges
High Performance Habits Of Successful Executives
What’s Working Well & Not So Well Now
Performance Management & Accountability
Sample Retreat Objectives
Align on: What the team will do together
- Discussion: Gain clarity on shared goals and how each leader relates to the goals
Align on: How the team will work effectively together
- Discussion: Team Values Norms and Behaviors
- What makes a successful team?
- Operating as ‘One Company - One Leadership Team’
Align on: Differentiators to success
- Collaborative culture: “We vs. I”
- Consultative, servant leadership style
- Growth mindset
- What and how performance management philosophy
- Transformational change management
- (Matrix) Business relationship building
Begin Execution Plan Discussion
- Change Management (ie: Rollout, Communication Plan, The role of Managers, Cascading Workshops, and ADKAR Leadership)
Let's take your team to the next level
Book a consult below to talk about how we can create a customized plan for your team.
Have questions? Send me a message.